Canberra Northside Community Hub
Connect, converse and collaborate with your community to find ways to eat sustainably and within your local food system
What is a Community Hub?
Community Hubs are online spaces where communities can connect, converse and collaborate to enable access sustainable food and address food insecurity issues.
They are managed by Community Fed – an organisation that aims to eliminate barriers to eating sustainably by harnessing the power of community and local food systems.
Canberra Northside is one of the first of many Community Hubs! There is also a Community Hub for Canberra Southside here.
Reach out via the contact form below to share suggestions for improving Community Hubs.
How to participate
Join the Facebook group here, so you can do things like:
- Seek or share advice about growing, cooking, eating and managing food waste sustainably
- Promote local businesses
- Buy/sell/swap homegrown food
- Seek or offer help with gardening
- Seek or offer help with food shopping
- Find people who would like to split a produce box that is too big for you
- Find people who would like to bulk buy from local producers as a group
- Find ways to compost your food scraps or find food scraps for your compost system
Topics + Facebook group tags
Learn about sourcing, cooking and eating food sustainably.
Learn about producing food at home or within your neighbourhood.
Learn about sourcing food locally and through your community.
Love your local
Find organisations and businesses that form your local food system.
Canberra Community Food Map
The Canberra Community Food Map shows grassroots initiatives in that aim to make food available to all and address food insecurity issues.
Use this map to find ways to access or donate food within your neighbourhood.
Love Your Local Directory
We are currently building the Love Your Local Directory so you can learn how to conveniently access sustainable food around Canberra.
Reach out to the Community Fed team here
Copyright 2022 Community Fed